my account

Frequently Asked Legal Questions

Find answers to common questions in our searchable FAQ.

177 views   |   1   |   Last updated on Apr 02, 2019    Legal Forms

The state of Texas has not developed a standardized form to request the release of funds held by a court, and as librarians we cannot recommend a particular legal form for your situation. However, some counties make instructions and sample forms available for this action on their website. 

The Travis County Clerk provides a form for "Motion for Disbursement of Funds in Court Registry" [PDF] and a form for "Order to Disburse Funds" [PDF], along with information about disbursement of registry funds on their website.

The Harris County Clerk's website includes a form for "Application to Withdraw Funds from the Registry of the Court" [PDF] along with "Instructions for Completing Withdrawal of Funds from the Registry of the Court" [PDF]. 

Dallas County provides a form titled "Motion to Release Funds" [PDF] and an "Order to Release Funds Form" [PDF] on their website. 

You may wish to contact the county clerk's office to see if they have a form for that action available, or you may consider adapting a similar form from a different county to your situation. If you have questions about what type of form to use or how to adapt a form for this action, you should consult an attorney. The Texas State Law Library has information on attorney referral services, legal clinics, and hotlines for free legal assistance on our Self-Help page

browse by topic