my account

Frequently Asked Legal Questions

Find answers to common questions in our searchable FAQ.

1765 views   |   17   |   Last updated on Oct 02, 2018    Lawyers

We've put together a research guide on professional misconduct and legal ethics for anyone who encounters professional misconduct or ethical issues in the legal system. On that page you'll find links to the various rules and codes of conduct that attorneys and other members of the judiciary must follow. If you have a complaint against your attorney, the Client-Attorney Assistance Program from the State Bar helps you to resolve disputes, including billing disputes. You may also be able to file a grievance with the State Bar.

Complaints against judges are different because they are not handled by the State Bar. Instead, the State Commission on Judicial Conduct accepts and investigates complaints against judges.

browse by topic